Call us: 01609 643100

Open Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm

Calls charged at standard rate for landline and mobiles

Hide site

I or someone I know has experienced an unwanted sexual incident

An unwanted sexual incident is being pressured or forced to have sex or sexual activity.

We are here to help you, please call us now. Calls are always treated in confidence. Call: 01609 643100

Call 101

to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response

Call 999

to report a crime that is in progress or if someone is in immediate danger

When you report a sexual assault the police will take a detailed information from you no matter when it happened. However you do not have to report a crime in order to receive support.

Unwanted sexual incidents are often not reported because the victim feels trapped and alone. The truth is, it can happen to anybody, and there is support available.

Steps you can take

If you think you are experiencing any unwanted sexual activity, or have done in the past, you must always remember that you can get support and help. Nothing that has happened to you is your fault.

You may feel that no-one can help, but just talking to someone here about what you are going through will make you realise that there are people on your side. We can help you understand what is happening and guide you to specialist organisations who can support you moving forward.

If you are unsure, go with your instincts. Anything that doesn’t feel right probably isn’t. You may be entitled to support through an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (IVSA). The video below outlines what an ISVA does and how they can help…

What does an ISVA do?

View video transcript