Victim Needs Assessment
The vision for victims in North Yorkshire has been developed following an independent ‘Victims Needs Assessment’ which evaluated the type of support victims really want.
That victim needs assessment found that in North Yorkshire, victims wanted seven key things from a support service and we have embedded these into the purpose of Supporting Victims Unit. We will:
- Support you to take control by telling you what will/could happen.
- Keep you informed when you need to know.
- Help you to understand what is happening and how it may affect you/your family.
- Support you by giving you the means to act for yourself or provide additional help when that proves too difficult or you feel vulnerable.
- Talk to you in a way you can understand.
- Provide specialist support where appropriate or access to it when you need it.
- Provide you with the means to get your life back on track.
If you’re dealing with Supporting Victims you can expect to see the following values in action:
- Compassion and care: helping victims of crime to get back on track.
- Communication: using clear and simple language to inform victims of what they need to know; when they need to know it.
- Commitment: to listening, understanding and helping you.